We are a locally owned comprehensive eye care facility, originally founded by Dr. Roy Toyama in the 1960s. As the area and clinic grew, Dr. Toyama partnered with other local ophthalmologists and increased the scope of clinical and surgical services provided in our community. Under their vision and leadership, additional offices and physicians, as well as optometric providers, were incorporated.
Today, we offer medical and surgical eye care at three locations with multiple ophthalmologists and optometrists to address your specific eye care needs. Optical services are offered at all three locations. Surgery is primarily performed in our Coeur d’Alene location in our locally owned and accredited ambulatory surgery center. We are proud to be growing in a cooperative way with local hospitals and independent optometrists, in order to meet our community’s needs. We are also proud to employ over 120 staff whose hard work promotes our mission and enhances patient care everyday. Thank you for choosing us as your eye care provider.
It is the goal of the North Idaho Eye Institute physicians and staff to provide the most competent and advanced eye care possible within a compassionate, patient focused environment strengthened by strong patient centered relationships with all fellow caregivers.
Our Vision for the Care we Provide
We strive to be the North Idaho leader in exceptional eye care, quality patient outcomes, and compassionate patient care.
Core Values of the North Idaho Eye Institute:
- Commit to a caring, compassionate, and supportive environment for patients, North Idaho Eye team members, and fellow health care providers.
- Adhere to the highest professional standards by a commitment to honesty, trust, respect, confidentiality, and transparency.
- Require a customer service environment that exceeds patient and fellow health care providers’ expectations.
- Innovate and encourage change to improve patient care and practice efficiency.
- Nurture a teamwork environment for staff members and fellow caregivers centered on improved patient care outcomes.
- Guarantee the highest standards of quality by establishing practice performance standards and monitoring patient outcomes.